Sunday, December 9, 2007

Sappy


I know you've hardly been able to sleep without any layout updates, so here you are. Rainy days are usually my most productive.
OSHA has been sending letters regarding the high number of people who wandered around the station and fell onto the tracks behind it, because of no safety barriers. A railing has now been added to address that minor issue, along with sidewalks so Faceless Freddie can now enjoy the view in safety.


Here's the sappy bit...I've been keeping an eye out for a dark blue Karmann Ghia for the layout. Mom and dad had one identical to this when they got married, and I found one yesterday at a train show here in town. Ta-daa!
I'm also repainting one of my VW buses (not the one above) to match the one we had back from 1978-84...it's not quite ready for prime time - I'll probably finish that later this week.

In related news, the layout now has more Volkswagens per capita than Wolfsburg, Germany.

4 comments:

naladahc said...

No complaints from me on the VWs obviously.

Unknown said...

Right after I finished this post, I realized I did't get any pics of the TARDIS. It's not an official piece of BBC merchandise, but it is a phone booth that was painted blue...and with a little detail work, it'll be perfect.

Gigamatt said...

You also didn't get any pierogi?

Unknown said...

I also left the red cutting board behind. Just bury it in the yard for next year.