Thursday, December 13, 2007

Holy Crap

it's been a pretty wet week around here...we've had 2.5 inches of rain since saturday, plus more last night and today. That's on top of the 5 inches of snow that melted over the weekend. Shaunn just checked the basement...and it is bone dry. I must be onto something with the fixes I've done. I hope I don't jinx it, but we'd always get at least some water with this amount of rain. And we've had nothing. Sweet.

- Update - the NWS recorded 1.05" yesterday, so that makes over 3.5" of rain, and over 5" of melted snow. Booyah.
I have one downspout left to redo, which is on the opposite corner of the basement from where the big problems usually are. This area by the bar leaks a little occasionally, but generally, if there's any water over by the bar, then the other side of the basement is a lake.
There was a little water by the bar last night, but that was the only damp spot in the whole basement. So it's definitely improved. Once I replace that downspout and run it out into the yard, we shouldn't have any more water problems over there.

2 comments:

Gigamatt said...

I read that 2.5 and thought, "surely not!" but then checked weather.com. I stand corrected. *sigh*

Unknown said...

I didn't think it was that much either...but there it is. I'm guessing that if we got that 2.5 inches in one night, it may be a different story basement-wise. But the ground is awfully soggy, and we'd normally expect some problems after a week like this. Cautiously optimistic.