Friday, December 14, 2007

Hmmm


Shaunn has recently started sleep walking. This week, I've found him changing the kitchen garbage bag at 1am, moving things around in the basement, and last night, he was busy breaking the legs off of a decorative elephant candle, by banging it on the coffee table. (I've got a picture I took a couple days ago...he'd taken my shoes from by the back door, placed one next to the cat's food dish, and the other on top of the fridge.)
It usually occurs within an hour or so of him going to bed.
Every time he's intent on whatever he's doing, and it takes calling his name loudly once or twice to get him to stop and go back to bed - but he will usually get up later and do it again the same night. His nurse feels that it could be temporary, or could be long term. Not a lot of help there, but there's no answer without knowing the cause.
I'm not sure what to do, or if I'm just worrying about it too much. The obvious fear is that he'll injure himself somehow. But what can I do, short of belting him to the bed?

4 comments:

kelmeister said...

Belt him to the bed.

It'll keep him safe, and it's kinky.

Unknown said...

That's as good a plan as any! Safety concerns aside, it is pretty funny - we laugh about what he was up to the next day, and he never remembers any of it. Which is nice, because then I don't feel guilt over yelling at him to cut the crap and go to bed.

naladahc said...

I'd worry when he starts shitting in the aquarium.

However, if he does, make sure you post pictures!

Gigamatt said...

Is he yelling "Eh eh ehhhhhhhh!" the entire time?