Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Oops

Well, the weather reports were...conservative. We had about 5.5 inches here. So they were closer to correct than me. So I'll stop with the fraud lawsuits.
It did give me an excuse to winterize. so when I got home tonight, I put the storm windows in the screen doors, and shut off the water to the outside spigots. This is to avoid a repeat of our first winter here, when the pipe for the rear spigot burst, turning half our patio into a skating rink.
The snow let me again appreciate how effing great our Accord is in the stuff. Shaunn's nurse came by today, but had to park in the street when her Explorer couldn't make it up our driveway. When I got home, I just drove right up, the wheels slipping for just an instant in the snow ruts she created. Why do they sell suvs again?

4 comments:

Betty said...

we don't have snow in the southwestern UK, but it is bone-chillingly cold. i do miss conquering the icy streets in the 'ol chevy s10, but i really don't miss the ice scraping on the windows. yet.

Unknown said...

You'll definitely not miss the days of scraping with your driver's license, which were usually the days you also forgot gloves.

Gigamatt said...

Yeah, forecasters were wrong in the wrong direction... wtf. They were also wrong on temperature. They said 23 as a low, and we got 8! 8!!!

Seriously, I forgot about the outside spigots. F*CK!

Unknown said...

Our back tap is very susceptible...the first year it froze and split the old metal pipe. Last year, it split the hose. This year, I actually remembered.