Friday, November 23, 2007

Puttering

At what age can you call your daily activities "puttering around"? That's what yesterday amounted to. My main accomplishment was baking 2 loaves of bread.

I used the bread machine to mix the ingredients and to let the dough rise. Getting the stuff in the machine takes about 5 minutes. Then it runs through the kneading and resting cycles, which lasts 90 minutes. At that point, I take the dough out, form it on a baking sheet, and let it rise for another half hour. Then pop it in the oven for an additional 30 minutes. If you're scoring at home - or even if you're alone, we're at 2.5 hours of down time. And I did two loaves, so I had lots of time to kill...

I spent that time working on the railroad - I installed several decal signs on the buildings, and did a little detail work on the train station. If that isn't puttering, I don't know what is.

No comments: