Friday, November 16, 2007

Food Prep

Okay, for tomorrow, I've got bird, potatoes, meat and veg stuffings, gravy, rolls, pumpkin pie, um...forgetting something. Giga is bringing cranberry sause and wine. I need to grab a few more things at the store, but I think we're all set.
One thing I hate every year is the turkey brine recipe calls for a gallon of vegetable stock. The only 'stock' I can ever find is sold in 10 ounce cans or boxes. So I look like I'm going on a wierd diet when I plunk down a dozen boxes of the stuff.

4 comments:

Betty said...

you can buy veggie stock cubes--i think the brand is knorr. one box would probably be enough for a gallon--i never follow the guidelines exactly. to make it, you just crumble the cubes into boiling water. i think the cubes taste better than the canned stuff. you know, just in case you're wondering :)

Unknown said...

They must not carry them at our Kroger...I checked all over at lunch and onyl saw the chicken and beef boullion. They probably get them in the day after thanksgiving.

Betty said...

i'll send you some oxo stock cubes from the uk, i guess for future stuffing ventures.

Gigamatt said...

I cant remember where I saw the bigger (32oz) cans of veg stock. But, like B said, you could try veggie cubes.

Just one more thing I have to get by Thursday!