Sunday, August 8, 2010

Summeriffic

Well, Chris' week, while not turning out 'good', didn't turn out as badly as it could have been. At least the agonizing is over for him.
We carried on and had a great weekend. Chris stopped over Friday night, we met some people for happy hour, then went to my place and watched Friday the 13th Part VII...the one with the guy who kills people. I'm too much of a pussy to be a follower of horror films, but I think I made it through without too much mental scarring.
The rest of the weekend was beautiful - the weather was perfect, so we spent it outdoors...visited Granville during the day, then had a cookout in the evening with a few friends - I made salsa and he made some incredibly good strawberry and peach shortcakes, then bummed around the Gallery Hop. Sunday was low key, a little hike and a quick movie at home were the highlights.
I have to say I'm getting very used to spending the weekends together with him. We share a lot of common interests, and we enjoy a similar pace to life - I generally leave my weekends unstructured, he seems to enjoy that approach too...so we usually just do whatever comes along, either on our own or with others. Ideal. I used to wonder whether we were spending too much time together on the weekends...now it feels like it's never enough.

No comments: