Thursday, August 26, 2010

IIRC

I left the Honda family earlier this year, after driving them exclusively (and largely without complaint) since 1993. The biggest repair I had over those 17 years and 3 cars was replacing the starter on my Legend at about 150k miles. A replacement was about $50 from a junkyard. Miss that car...sniff. Anyway.

After test driving at least a dozen cars this past January, and seeing what kind of deals I could get - or not - I wound up with a 2005 Pontiac Vibe (aka Toyota Matrix)...so far, it's been a good experience.

Well, it looks like there may be a recall coming for mine...this was announced today for Corolla and Matrix models from the same model year as my Vibe. I probably won't be far behind, since the same parts are under my hood.

I have noticed an occasional hard start issue when the engine is warm. It's more of a long cranking period than a refusal to start. I wonder now if that's an indicator of the defective ECM...some owner's forums have talked about this issue, the remedy is apprently an ECM swap. Will they include the Vibe in this recall? Guess I'll find out!

Update...yup.

No comments: