Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Atmospheric Discharge

I had dinner with Chris in the evening, and we went outside to try and see the Northern Lights, which are supposed to be more energetic than usual this week. Bupkis. But a few hours after we went to bed, the most incredible lightning storm erupted and seemed to stay directly overhead for a while...the lightning flashes and thunder were almost simultaneous. So very cool. Would have been cooler if it wasn't at 3am, but it's hard to schedule these events.
And still enjoying getting to know Chris. It usually takes me a while to warm up to people, preferring to get a sense for how they think and operate first. But he seems to like me. I'm still taking it one day at a time with him, but I'm cautiously optimistic about how things are going. I'm also catching myself smiling at random intervals, which is entirely out of character for me.

No comments: