Monday, July 5, 2010

Wow

Had a seriously fun time this weekend...met up with Mindy for White Trash and Boom friday night, saturday was just spent relaxing and cooking out with Chris...sunday, went to Doo Dah with Chris and met up with several friends where we drank embarrassing amounts of pink lemonade/vodka drinks...good times. Today, Chris and I went hiking out in Clifton Gorge, with lunch in YS and stopping off for the mandatory Young's Dairy ice cream on the way home. Better times.
We weren't planning on it, but Chris and I essentially spent the weekend together.
Thanks to my underachieving sense of self confidence, I'm sitting here now quietly amazed that I wasn't boring him to tears...I guess if I was, he wouldn't have been hanging around. It is something that I'm always having to work on when I'm with new people...I'm anxious about a situation or an activity going well. My mind goes into a sort of self-perpetuating cycle of worrying about whether I have anything interesting to say or contribute, and then trying to pick something to say...then 20 minutes on I realize I've been sitting there doing this silently, and...well, fuck, say something, stupid...okay, um...let me think about what to say. I feel like I can spend entire afternoons doing this. I just need to relax sometimes and enjoy moments for what they are.

No comments: