Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Today

Today, I'm choosing to be happy. One of the things that has taken me a long time to understand is that ultimately, we choose who we are at any given moment. This simple idea has been expressed in many different ways via sayings and maxims that we've all heard umpteen times. But usually, the simplest lessons are the hardest ones to learn. There's a lot of things I could be stressed over at the moment, but as long as I'm doing what I can about them...why worry over them any more than that? I used to spend days agonizing over crap that I had no control over. Maybe it comes from maturity, or finally listening to the advice that I've been seeking and hearing over so many years. But in the past few years, I've noticed a real change in how I handle stressful stimuli and how I let them affect me. Which is to say, not much. And it really pisses people off whose sole purpose was to get under your skin and ruin your day.

No comments: