Wednesday, July 21, 2010

The Longest Day

Left for work at 7am yesterday, didn't get home until a few clicks before midnight. Ack. Luckily I'm hourly, so this will help defray the costs of my recent trip. I did get an idea while on the road last night to help people doing these long assignments in strange locales...I'm going to run it past a few people to get a little feedback before presenting it.

This weekend is Lindsay and Josh's shower/BBQ. I think the word "Hootenanny" should always be used in conjunction with outdoor events. This is why I seldom get invited back to garden parties.

I've been trying to be more social lately, which for me is unusual...I generally find people tiring after a while (The "I" in all those Myers-Briggs tests expressing itself). But it is fun to step out of your shell now and again and look at life from different angles; become more than the sum of your personality tests, I guess. It reminds me of a quote from a book by Richard Bach:

You are led through your lifetime by the inner learning creature, the playful spiritual being that is your real self. Don't turn away from possible futures before you're certain you don't have anything to learn from them. You're always free to change your mind and choose a different future, or a different past.

Or if you're a Seinfeld fan, just call it "Opposite George". I suppose the sentiment is the same.

No comments: