Thursday, July 1, 2010

Hump Day Revisited

I've learned (to paraphrase Alice Walker) to live frugally on surprise. Expect nothing. This week has definitely been surprising. I had my 3rd date with Chris last night (we counted dates and ticks), and I guess that's the point when you've figured out whether this person has an active brain in their head, so you start probing a bit to see who's in there. Definitely interesting man lurking behind those eyes. Anyone who can switch from discussing character lines on cars to characters in TNG deserves a closer look.
I remember Elaine on Seinfeld describing dating...you're trying to get this little squirrel to come and eat out of your hand; you don't want to make any big sudden moves and frighten them away. It's been so long since I went out with someone that I feel like I'm winging it. Well, I suppose that's what it's all about. Just be yourself and let the chips fall where they may. Deep breaths. And keep your seatbelt on until you've reached a complete stop.

No comments: