Tuesday, October 23, 2007

We need HBO again

I'm missing out on the new season of Curb Your Enthusiasm, which is one of the three funniest shows I've ever watched. I just read this little snippet about the latest episode...

Sunday night's episode of the HBO show was a classic case of art imitating life with the announcement by David's fictional spouse, played by Cheryl Hines, that she was leaving.

It was just in June that David and his real-life wife, Laurie David, separated after 14 years of marriage. The real-life divorce was filed by Laurie David, citing "irreconcilable differences." Their spokesman has called the split "very amicable."

On "Curb," the breakup was set off when Cheryl called hysterically from a potentially crashing airplane. Larry told her to "call back in 10 minutes" because he was having their Tivo fixed by a cable guy.
Safe but still rattled, Cheryl returned to declare: "I'm leaving, Larry. I can't do this anymore." "People ask me all the time, `How do you stay with him?'" she explained. "I always tell them, `There's another side to Larry that you don't see.' And then I just realized today, there's no other side."
Larry argued to no avail that the phone reception was bad and, besides, he was able to save her Tivoed shows like "Top Chef" and "Project Runway." The rest of the episode finds the couple's friends (some of whom are the REAL couple's friends), choosing sides between either Larry or Cheryl.

No comments: