Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Future Plans

I had blogged earlier about the retro-cool Turbotrain, and my desire to have one grace the layout, but the price of the model is rather crazy...it would mean getting that and nothing else for several months. So, I'm exploring other options for the next major purchase, and I think I've settled on a new GG1 locomotive:


I have one of these that I bought cheap at a train show back in '05, but it had a damaged body shell that I only made worse by attempting to repair the flimsy plastic. Plus, it would have required some rewiring to be compatible with my digital control system. Model railroading is one of those areas where you really get what you pay for.


Another company with a solid reputation for quality products has released their own GG1 model, and this one is completely compatible. Plus, it has a digital sound system, which is a model railroad dimension that I haven't explored yet. And the best part, it's about one third the price of the Turbotrain model. I think I'll save that one for the layout version 2.0, which I've started planning and will probably get around to in 12-18 months.

No comments: