Thursday, June 12, 2008

Great

Well, the appointment to have the Honda’s navigation system repaired was made for last Monday the 9th. And it was not quite what I hoped for.

I made the appointment early so I could drop the car off, get the loaner and arrive at work at a decent time. I drove the 20 or so miles to the dealer, and arrived at 7am. When I got there, they couldn’t find my paperwork for the appointment, which was a bad omen. They spent a good 10 minutes searching to no avail, and finally had to go back to the service office to print it out, as it wasn’t in their daily pile o’ crap to do.

It gets better…as the tech was walking over with the work order, I heard another voice telling him something about ‘backordered’. The part that I was supposed to have swapped out wasn’t there yet.

So why didn’t anyone tell me this prior to my arrival in the service bay? Good question. But I’ve learned not to ask questions I already know the answer to. Helps to keep my blood pressure at a relatively constant value.

Apologies ensued, and they promised a call as soon as it came in. Well, I got a call yesterday that it had arrived. They set me up for Friday the 20th. This time I’m calling the day before to confirm everything.

No comments: