Saturday, June 21, 2008

Finally

I was able to drop the car off yesterday for the new navigation unit. Everything went fine this time, and it was done in plenty of time for me to pick it up after work. The repair cost was about $192, which is the total sum of all repairs I've spent on my last two Hondas. Hopefully this unit will be trouble-free, but just in case it does have an additional 12 month warranty. Sadly, this one doesn't have a Mr. T voice option either. Sigh.

Next time I get a car, I'll probably pass on the Navigation, as the hand held units are so much cheaper than they were 5 years ago. Back then, finding one for less than about $700 was rare. Now you can probably get them in Happy Meals.

But with the credit crunch and gas prices where they are, I'm not in the market for a new car. I think we'll hang onto it for a few more years. And now once again I can talk to the car, instead of swearing at it.

No comments: