Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Visitors

We were a temporary home for a couple of critters over the weekend. I thought I heard something rustling around on the back porch Friday night, but didn't think anything of it. Saturday we were clearing off the porch and heard it again, coming form the basement window well. I pulled away the well cover, not knowing what I'd find...
Two baby rabbits! We don't know if they intended to go in there, or once they got in realized they couldn't get out. I put some alfalfa in the well, and lowered a dish of water down to them. I also placed a wooden shelf inside as a ramp to the top- they were trying to hop out occasionally without much success.
By late sunday, they had managed to climb out and they were gone, we haven't seen them since. Hey, at least it wasn't raccoons.

No comments: