Saturday, April 5, 2008

No Water

Well, I may have fixed part of the problem…we had plenty of rain thursday night and friday. Not a ton, but more than we had earlier in the week, when water came in yet again.
The basement – in all areas, was completely, utterly bone dry. Not even a hint of moisture along the floor/wall seams.
In recent weeks, after all the snow melt, and the constant rains, we could expect some basement water if we had over say a half inch or so. Instead of seeping in all around the foundation, it’s now being pumped into the back yard.
But this was the first time I can really remember not seeing any water, anywhere after a decent rain. and the ground is still pretty soaked from all the fucked weather we had in March - 20 inches of snow, then almost half a foot of rain over the next 2 weeks? Gah.
I still have to take care of the grading problems, but I can probably scale that back a bit from the 7 cubic yards of dirt I was ready to order.
At this point, yeah, it’s a big difference, but it wasn’t a real heavy soaking rain. If we get 3 inches of rain, and the basement remains dry, I can call it a victory. This being springtime in the Midwest, I’m sure I won’t have to wait very long.

No comments: