Friday, March 7, 2008

Storm of the Century of the Week



Well, it's not the end of everything...but for the Cowlands, it's pretty significant. I don't know how much we really got, since wind is drifting it everywhere. But I checked 3 areas with my trusty ruler, and they were all 5 inches or thereabouts. And we're supposed to get another 5-8 into tonight and during tomorrow.
I left work at 4, and it took me about 50 minutes to get home. I was expecting at least an hour, so I was kinda pleased. The highways were moving 20-25mph, when they were moving. Luckily, most drivers were relatively level headed, no glaring idiots at least on my drive.
So I got home, cleared the driveway, and took a few pics:It's hard to believe it was 70 degrees just on tuesday.

7 comments:

Cate said...

I think you could get a job with the local news down there, with your fantastic in depth coverage!

Betty said...

actually, yeah, you're better than the two imbeciles i saw covering the water main break in cleveland!

sigh--i miss snow! it's a steady 45-55 degrees here, a bit chillier at night. i guess i prefer the consistent temps, but miss the snow.

Unknown said...

Wait, how's this?..."The snow that would normally be on a ski slope is now in my front yard."

naladahc said...

Clintonville is awful right now.

It just won't stop.

kelmeister said...

I don't know if you noticed, but Friday morning downtown was a ghost town. I think most people took the day off because of all the warning, hence why it was so easy getting home. I left work at two, and peemeister got out of work at three because of a meeting, and I think our normal 15 minute drive took 45 minutes. I was, of course, the one driving the fastest, cursing at everyone else. It seriously wasn't all that bad out. :)

Unknown said...

Yeah, I was surprised the drive wasn't that awful. It seemed like businesses were letting people go early all afternoon, 'cept of course the State.

Gigamatt said...

My favorite was the local "on the street" news chick, measuring snow with a baguette.

Seriously.