Sunday, March 9, 2008

The Aftermath




The airport officially received 20.4", a new all time record. I don't think we had quite that much here, but it has to be close. I know my cousin in Wisconsin is wondering what the big deal is.

The snow started to force the back wall of the shelter out of the way...



Clearing the driveway is not an option in snow like this. The snow was higher than the intake opening for the snowblower. I thought it would just choke and die, but it was able to get through it - I just had to treat it like when you're trying to cut very tall grass with a mower. It took about 30 minutes to clear a path wide enough for the car. This is going to be fun when it all starts to melt.

And what was my reward for doing all this? I figured this would do...a steak that would have been given its own chapter in an Icelandic Saga.

5 comments:

kelmeister said...

So you're good, then, to come over and do our drive?

naladahc said...

Now I'm all for the meat eating but man, photos of cooked yet "juicy" meat like that make me want to become a vegetarian again.

Unknown said...

I didn't say I finished it! But it was better than frozen pizza I can assure you.

Betty said...

Kjötsneið Maðurinn Saga
(the saga of the steak man...er, close enough)

Brian said...

Looks like a dusting!!! Nothing like the fresh path of a snow blower through 2 feet of snow!!!