Monday, June 20, 2011

Work work work

This has been the year to get the yard into shape. The front garden is more or less done for the year, and now I'm tackling the back. Yesterday I removed about 2 dozen flat stones from the front that were doing little else than damaging the lawn mower, and poled them in the back. I'm slowly gathering materials for a small patio, so far by just reclaiming items around my property. I'm about halfway there.
I also cut back a lilac bush that was getting out of hand. It was at least 12-15 feet high, and had taken over an entire corner of the yard. Now it's about 8 feet high, and should be fine for a few years until it needs attention again.
Tonight I'm going to plant some annuals near the lilac (end of season clearance is the way to go) and maybe lay out the stones to see how much I still need. Slow but steady progress!

No comments: