Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The $50 Bar

Remember that countertop that I picked up a few weeks back? Well, it's going to serve as a top for an outdoor bar on my patio. The best part? the wood for this project will cost under $50. Really.
I drew out the framing for it, I'll need a dozen 8-ft. 2x4s to build the frame. They run $1.97 each.

I'm designing sort of an open frame look to it, here's a rough rendering I did to visualize my ideas - i finished this up on Thursday night:




The brown areas with thin darker brown vertical lines represent wainscotting. The side areas on the front view with wider grey areas are open cutouts that are crossed with smaller wood pieces to break up the look a little bit and give it a more airy outdoor appearance.

I just realized that the rendering is also a kid's project. You can print the image, and cut out the pieces and assemble a model of the bar!

I can't wait to get started!

No comments: