Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Early Hump Day

As this is a 3 day work week, today is officially hump day. And what a hump. I'm heading up to NE Ohio for a public hearing tonight...the room holds a bit over 400 people, I'm hoping it's not a sellout. Lucky I'm wearing comfy shoes today, and I'll have a few staff members with me to ease the burden. Usually I'm on my own for these gigs, signing people in to testify, giving out info, trying not to roll my eyes. At the very least, it's overtime, coming right before the holidays, so win!

I'm wrapping up the menu for Saturday, poring over cookbooks and food blogs for ideas. I think we're set. Chris is mking a green bean casserole...I'll gladly defer to him for that, I've never made one that was worth eating.

1 comment:

Cate said...

I am bringing a triple chocolate pecan pie, maybe 2.
l nearly trampled the stock person at Giant Eagle this morning when I saw an entire pallet of Christmas Ale that had just arrived still wrapped in plastic. I bought some, so I think we can spare some to bring down :)