Monday, June 28, 2010

Butterflies

My weekend started off innocently enough...met up with a new friend Chris to go to Comfest friday night. Had a really good time walking around with him, taking in the freak show and talking. We each had friends there, but with the mad crowds, it would have been hard to locate a person who was on fire in all that chaos; I played phone tag with a couple of them, but we never saw each otehr although we were probably only 50 feet apart on a few occasions. At any rate Chris and I just spent the evening meandering. Definitely a good guy - he didn't seem to mind. I certainly didn't.
Saturday, I decided to go home to visit family, Pat and Megan had their new baby, and mom had seemed kinda down lately, so I figured I'd better get up there to see everyone. While I was driving back home, Chris invited me down to Hocking Hills that night - he and some friends were stying down there for a cookout, I figured why not, I really didn't have anything lined up, plus I'd get to see Chris again, which was definitely a bonus. But I had to play it cool, you know.
The weekend took a completely unexpected turn...he and I spent the night in a pup tent, I think he was devious and planned that out. We stayed up until sunrise, just discussing politics...yeah right. Erm, definitely had fun losing sleep that night. The next day was spent just relaxing at the trailer, watching movies and delaying the inevitable drive home. Was actually hard to say goodbye to Chris, after more or less spending the weekend in his company. Weekend definitely didn't turn out how I expected. Now the confusing and exciting mix of emotions and thoughts that enter your head when meeting a new person of interest. Not sure what to make of all of this, it's a little premature to even ask myself questions like that. But you know, there you are, going along in your own life, thinking you have it all figured out, and bam...

1 comment:

Chris said...
This comment has been removed by the author.