Thursday, June 24, 2010

200+

Yesterday was the 200th post on here...I hope to make that number increase quickly.
This weekend is Comfest, which I haven't been able to attend for a couple years (see yesterday for why)...this year I'm experiencing a lot of things I haven't done in a while, or even new things - imagine! Hopefully this trend will continue.
As I've gotten older, I've noticed that it's easy to become comfortable in what you've done already, and stop exploring. It's been fun changing that idea lately.
One thing I've accomplished that I'm very proud of is losing all the weight I added over the past several years. All told, around 70lbs. Not sure exactly, because when you start getting up there, you lose interest in stepping on a scale for the bad news. At my peak, I know I was over 200, maybe 210-220. Now I'm back below 150, which is a good weight for me.
And I didn't do anything drastic to lose it, just common sense methods - watching my calorie intake, changing my eating habits, and a little exercise thrown in for good measure. I dropped the first 30 pounds from 2007-2009, and the rest in the last year or so. I know people who are overweight by a similar amount, and they resort to surgery to lose weight - really? You can't just stop buying the cookies and donuts when they're on sale, and eat a salad instead of that bag of chips? You can do it without the expense, risk and complications of gastric bypass surgery. No, it's not easy to change your habits, but it can be done. Just try.

And don't do what this woman did.

No comments: